A great snack before running (at least half an hour before the run), during a long run (if the run is longer than one hour, 1 flapjack per hour) or after the run (within half an hour immediately after the run).
- Chia seeds: high in omega-3
- Natural source of electrolytes: sea salt
- Contains antioxidants
- Free from: wheat, gluten, artificial flavours, preservatives and colouring
- Bar ingredients: oats, butter, demerara sugar, golden syrup, chia seeds (9%), sea salt flakes
- 1 bar (80g) contains: 5g of protein, 44g of carbohydrates (of which 23g sugar), 20g of fat, 4g of fibre, 0.33g of sodium
- Keep up your levels of energy and stamina during your run
- Light and a reasonable size to pack into small pockets for your longer run
- Natural / wholefood ingredients which are easy to digest and organic
- Suitable for vegetarians
- Crumbly, not as easy to carry and eat on the go as gels
This bar was a seriously great discovery for me as I have to be very careful with what I eat. My system is very sensitive to additives and anything which is not a natural ingredient. It's especially hard for me to hold something in my stomach during a long run so I end up making my own snacks, which can be time-consuming. Chia Charge passed the test, however, so its Happy Days for me :-)
I like salty snacks so the original flavour one is my favourite. It's not too sweet and it has an interesting mix of flavours within the layers. Sea salt flakes in the bar give it a salty taste which is nicely balanced with the rest of the flavours, like a subtle sweet taste of the demerara sugar and a nice wholesome taste of oats. But I have to say the banana one is really nice, especially if you like sweeter flavours or banana.
It is a fantastic piece of nutrition to give you energy and endurance while doing a long distance run or a long workout. It definitely helps you to replace those minerals that you lose while sweating. They also come in handy to use prior to exercise!
That’s because this energy bar is made from a recipe that enables a fast energy boost to be backed up with slow burn of carbohydrates, so there is no post-gel crash in energy and you can keep going with some wholefoods in your system.