Terms & Conditions
Delivery Terms & Conditions
We can reassure you that our online department is adhering to the advice of Public Health Authorities to keep our customers safe, while making sure you get your gorgeous new running gear as soon as we can, given the current situation. When packing online orders, our staff are washing their hands and sanitising their workplaces frequently. Our delivery partners are monitoring the health of their drivers closely; vehicles are disinfected daily and drivers are washing their hands and using hand sanitiser regularly. Read more »
Eco Policy for Online Orders
Our planet is precious, so we take our impact on it seriously. That’s why your online orders will be delivered in recycled plastic, biodegradable bags. The Oxo Degradable bags will decompose within 3-24 months and therefore are not suitable for recycling. Large packages may be delivered in cardboard boxes.
We appreciate how important it is to get your order to you as soon as possible, so we offer a range of Standard and Express options through Royal Mail and DHL.
Due to COVID-19, we are unable to offer our Next Day and Priority First Class delivery options for the moment. International deliveries are not possible in some regions of some countries. This is a fluid and fast changing situation, but we will do our utmost to fulfil your orders. If it is not possible to deliver to your area at the moment, we will be in contact with you.
|UK & CHANNEL ISLANDS|
|Delivery Options||Courier||Delivery Estimate||Cost|
|Free||Royal Mail Tracked||2 - 4 working days||FREE on orders over £10|
|Standard||Royal Mail Tracked||2 - 4 working days||£2.95|
All UK orders qualify for Free Returns, see Returns Policy
|BELGIUM, FRANCE, GERMANY, IRELAND, LUXEMBOURG & NETHERLANDS|
|Delivery Options||Courier||Delivery Estimate||Cost|
|International Standard||Royal Mail Tracked||2 - 5 working days||£12|
|International Express||DHL||1 - 3 working days||£14|
|REST OF EUROPE|
|Delivery Options||Courier||Delivery Estimate||Cost|
|International Standard||Royal Mail Tracked||3 - 5 working days||£13|
|International Express||DHL||1 - 3 working days||£19|
|USA & CANADA|
|Delivery Options||Courier||Delivery Estimate||Cost|
|International Express||DHL||1 - 3 working days||£17|
|REST OF THE WORLD|
|Delivery Options||Courier||Delivery Estimate||Cost|
|International Standard**||Royal Mail Tracked||5 - 10 working days||£18|
|International Express||DHL||3 - 5 working days||£27|
Orders placed Monday - Friday before 3pm will be dispatched the same day.
** Not available to all countries
International Express Delivery
International Express orders are sent via DHL Express. Delivery to addresses deemed ‘Remote Area’ by DHL may be subject to additional delivery charges, in such instances we will contact the customer before processing the order. Most major cities in Europe and USA will receive deliveries the next working day for orders placed before 3pm. A tracking email will be sent on the day of dispatch along with text notifications regarding the order’s process.
International Express customers can choose how to receive their deliveries. Options include:
- Deliver to a different address
- Deliver to a DHL Service Point
- Reschedule delivery
- Leave with a neighbour
- Leave in a safe place
International Standard Delivery
Orders are dispatched via Royal Mail Tracked and will arrive within 10 working days.
Standard Delivery is only available to the following countries: All EU countries, Belarus, Liechtenstein, Monaco, Norway, San Marino, Serbia, Switzerland, Australia, Barbados, Cayman Islands, Greenland, Hong Kong, Israel, Japan, Malaysia, New Zealand, Singapore, South Korea, United Arab Emirates.
Can I track my order?
Next Working Day and International Express orders can be tracked and email notification will be sent with regards to how this can be done. All other orders can also be tracked, please email us your order number for your tracking number.
Where do you deliver to?
Virtually everywhere. If your country is not listed at checkout please contact us.
Customs and Import Charges
Duties do not apply for orders delivered within the EU.
For orders delivered to countries outside the EU, Customs duties, taxes and brokerage fees may be charged. These charges will be billed separately, by the local customs authority, and are the responsibility of the customer. We do not have control over these charges and cannot predict what they may be.
Orders will be exempt from these taxes if they fall below the ‘de minimus’ value. De minimus amounts are set at a country level by the respective Customs authority and we advise customers to check with their relevant authority.
Countries with high de minimus values are: USA $800, Australia $1000AUD, New Zealand $400NZD, Singapore $400SGD
Delivery to Russia
Currently, goods sent from a business in the UK to a residential address in Russia will be rejected by Russian customs. We can deliver, via DHL, to any business address in Russia but no residential addresses.
Brooks Reserved Territory
In accordance with the Brooks distribution policy we are not permitted to sell Brooks products outside of their “Reserved Territory” which includes the entire European Economic Area territory, the Swiss Confederation and the Principality of Andorra. Any orders for Brooks products with a delivery address outside of these areas will be cancelled and all payments refunded.
Our Returns Policy
Purchases made via our website
We hope you love your purchase. If you’re not totally satisfied you may return your order within 28 days for an exchange or refund. Returns outside the 28 day window may be accepted at our discretion.
We are unable to accept any food or drinks for exchange or refund. All returns should be sent back in their original packaging, along with tags and any other printed information. Please do not tape or mark the product packaging. Returns must be in new condition, unworn and unlaundered. Refunds will be credited to the original method of payment within 4 days of receipt. The original shipping charges will not be refunded.
If you live close to one of our branches you may return in person. Our staff will pass on your return to our online sales team for processing. Exchanges will be managed in-store.
Orders delivered within UK
Please complete the returns form that came with your order (or email us if you can’t find it), affix the Free Returns Royal Mail label to your parcel and drop off at any Post Office. Exchanges will be sent out at no additional charge by Royal Mail 2nd class. We advise you to keep a note of the tracking number.
Orders delivered to international addresses
International orders may be returned within 28 days. We are not able to arrange international returns, so this must be done by the customer and at the customer’s expense.
Christmas Returns: In-store & Online
We appreciate that Christmas presents are often purchased well in advance, so orders may be returned up to 15th January or within 28 days, whichever is longer.
Purchases made at our retail shops:
Goods purchased at any of our retail shops may be returned for exchange or credit voucher within 28 days of purchase with a valid receipt. Goods purchased at a reduced price cannot be returned for exchange or credit voucher, unless faulty. We are unable to accept returns on any food or drinks. Refunds will not be given for goods merely unwanted. This does not affect your statutory rights.
How we collect your information
These are the ways we may collect your information:
- When you browse or purchase from our website runandbecome.com
- When you make a purchase in-store
- When you contact us by telephone or email
- We you sign up to one of our events
- When you enter one of our prize draws or competitions
- When you opt-in to receive our e-newsletters
- When apply for a job with us
What sort of information we collect
- Your name, address, email, telephone number and gender
- Details of transactions you make on our website or in-store
- Payment details for online orders
- Details of when you contact us, such as by email, post or telephone. Please note that we may keep a record of that correspondence.
- Events organised by us that you register for and/or attend
- Your web browser type and version, and IP address used to access our website
- List of URLs starting with a referring site, your activity on our website, and the site you exit to
How and where we store your data
Your data will only be stored within the European Economic Area (“the EEA”) (The EEA consists of all EU member states, plus Norway, Iceland, and Liechtenstein).
What we use your information for
We treat your information as private and confidential and all information is stored securely. The following are some ways we may use your information:
- Processing orders that you make via our website or in-store. Notifying you of the progress of your orders. Processing returns.
- Processing payments and refunds, including 3DS Secure.
- Registering you via account set-up on our website or in-store, tokeep a record of your purchases and preferences.
- Providing and managing your access to our website
- Analysing your use of our webite and gathering feedback to enable us to continually improve our website and your user experience
- Sending you marketing emails but only if you’ve opted-in
- Fraud prevention
- To set default options on our website like delivery options
- To display our website in the optimum way on your device
- To log your entry to any of our competitions and prize draws. To administer the competition/prize draw.
- To assess any application for a position within our company
Who we share your information with
We will only use your information for the purposes of our dealings with you. We will not sell information or mailing lists to third parties. In order to fulfil your orders and provide you with excellent customer service we may share your information with the following companies:
- Global-e: payment service provider
- Realex Payment MPI to process online order payments. They handle in excess of a million transactions each month and use the latest in secure encryption to make sure your details are kept safe.
- Royal Mail and DHL for delivery of your orders
- Customs departments in countries outside EU for the fulfilment of international orders
- Mailchimp; email marketing service for the distribution of our marketing emails
- Sports practitioners practising in-store. We will only share name, email, preferred date and time for your appointment
- Marketing and web design companies we work with
In certain circumstances, We may be legally required to share certain data held by us, which may include your personal data, for example, where we are involved in legal proceedings, where we are complying with legal requirements, a court order, or a governmental authority.
If you opt-in to receive our marketing emails we will send you a weekly email keeping you up to date with latest running products, advice on how to keep running better, invitations to our special events and training sessions.
In order to receive emails from us, you only need to provide us with your email address. In future we may tailor emails and online advertising based on your location, what you’ve shown an interest in or buy from us.
How you can unsubscribe
If at any point you wish to opt-out of receiving marketing emails from us you can do so by the following means:
- Click the ‘Unsubscribe’ link at the bottom of any of our marketing emails
- Contact us at news(at)runandbecome.com
If you opt-out of receiving marketing emails, you will still receive order and delivery information by email.
Links to third party websites
How long we keep your information
We will keep your account information, including purchase history for as long as you choose to hold an account with us, in order to provide you with a prompt and high level of service. Other information will be held as follows:
- Details of email, post or telephone correspondence will be kept for a maximum of 18 months, unless the matter is ongoing.
- Entrance and results of competitions/prize draws will be kept up to 6 months.
- Job application information will be kept up to 6 months.
- Registration and/or attendance at one of our events will be kept up to 3 years.
In-store you can ask a team member to update your preferences. However, should you wish for your details to be removed from our system completely you will need to contact our customer services using the contact details at the bottom of this policy.
At any time you may request your personal information be edited or even deleted. You may also request that we stop processing your information as laid out in this policy.
You have the right to access any information we hold about you. In such cases we may need to charge a reasonable fee.
Please see details on how to contact us at the bottom of this policy.
How to contact us
If you have any questions about how we collect your information, how we use this information, if you would like a copy of your information we have stored, or if you would like us to update or delete any of your information, please contact us in one of the following ways:
Log into your account at any time to edit your details
To cancel your subscription to our e-newsletters click on the Unsubscribe link at the bottom of any of our emails or email news(at)runandbecome.com
Email us at feedback(at)runandbecome.com
Call us on 0207 222 1314
Write to us at:
Run and Become Head Office
4a Eccleston St
London, SW1W 9LN
All information collected in relation to our Run Better and Run and Become Clinic is used for the sole purpose of addressing your needs. We respect your privacy and we do not pass on any customer information to third parties.
1. Definitions and Interpretation
- ‘Cookie’ means a small file placed on your computer or device by Our Site when you visit certain parts of Our Site and/or when you use certain features of Our Site;
- ‘Cookie Law’ means the relevant parts of the Privacy and Electronic Communications (EC Directive) Regulations 2003 and of EU Regulation 2016/679 General Data Protection Regulation (‘GDPR’;
- ‘personal data’ means any and all data that relates to an identifiable person who can be directly or indirectly identified from that data, as defined by EU Regulation 2016/679 General Data Protection Regulation (‘GDPR’); and
- ‘We/Us/Our’ means Run and Become Limited , a limited company registered in England under company number 04425857, whose registered address is 4a Eccleston Street, London, England, SW1W 9LN, and whose main trading address is 4a Eccleston Street, London, England, SW1W 9LN.
2. Information About Us
- 2.1 Our Site is owned and operated by Run and Become Limited, a limited company registered in England under company number 04425857, whose registered address is 4a Eccleston Street, London, England, SW1W 9LN and whose main trading address is 4a Eccleston Street, London, England, SW1W 9LN.
- 2.2 Our VAT number is 340955846.
- 2.3 Our Data Protection Officer can be contacted by email at feedback(at)runandbecome.com.
- 3.2 By using Our Site, you may also receive certain third party Cookies on your computer or device. Third party Cookies are those placed by websites, services, and/or parties other than Us. Third party Cookies are used on Our Site for advertising and analytics. For more details, please refer to section 4 below.
- 3.3 All Cookies used by and on Our Site are used in accordance with current Cookie Law. We may use some or all of the following types of Cookie:
- 3.3.1 Strictly Necessary Cookies: A Cookie falls into this category if it is essential to the operation of Our Site, supporting functions such as logging in, your shopping basket, and payment transactions.
- 3.3.2 Analytics Cookies: It is important for Us to understand how you use Our Site, for example, how efficiently you are able to navigate around it, and what features you use. Analytics Cookies enable us to gather this information, helping Us to improve Our Site and your experience of it.
- 3.3.3 Functionality Cookies: Functionality Cookies enable Us to provide additional functions to you on Our Site such as personalisation and remembering your saved preferences. Some functionality Cookies may also be strictly necessary Cookies, but not all necessarily fall into that category.
- 3.3.4 Targeting Cookies: It is important for Us to know when and how often you visit Our Site, and which parts of it you have used (including which pages you have visited and which links you have visited). As with analytics Cookies, this information helps us to better understand you and, in turn, to make Our Site and advertising more relevant to your interests. Some information gathered by targeting Cookies may also be shared with third parties.
- 3.3.5 Third Party Cookies: Third party Cookies are not placed by Us; instead, they are placed by third parties that provide services to Us and/or to you. Third party Cookies may be used by advertising services to serve up tailored advertising to you on Our Site, or by third parties providing analytics services to Us (these Cookies will work in the same way as analytics Cookies described above).
- 3.3.6 Persistent Cookies: Any of the above types of Cookie may be a persistent Cookie. Persistent Cookies are those which remain on your computer or device for a predetermined period and are activated each time you visit Our Site.
- 3.3.7 Session Cookies: Any of the above types of Cookie may be a session Cookie. Session Cookies are temporary and only remain on your computer or device from the point at which you visit Our Site until you close your browser. Session Cookies are deleted when you close your browser.
- 3.4 Cookies on Our Site are not permanent and will expire. Google Analytics cookies have an expiration time of between 30 minutes to two years.
4. What Cookies Does Our Site Use?
- 4.1 The following first party Cookies will be placed on your computer or device: PHPSESSID – session cookie (see section 3.3.7)
- 4.2 Our Site uses analytics services provided by Google Analytics. Website analytics refers to a set of tools used to collect and analyse anonymous usage information, enabling Us to better understand how Our Site is used. This, in turn, enables Us to improve Our Site and the products and services offered through it. You do not have to allow Us to use these Cookies, however whilst Our use of them does not pose any risk to your privacy or your safe use of Our Site, it does enable Us to continually improve Our Site, making it a better and more useful experience for you.
5. Consent and Control
- 5.1 Before Cookies are placed on your computer or device, you will be shown a notification prompt alerting you to the fact cookies are required to to enable the basic functionality of the site. By giving your consent to the placing of Cookies you are enabling Us to provide the best possible experience and service to you. You can choose to enable or disable Cookies in your internet browser. Most internet browsers also enable you to choose whether you wish to disable all Cookies or only third party Cookies. By default, most internet browsers accept Cookies but this can be changed. For further details, please consult the help menu in your internet browser or the documentation that came with your device.
- 5.2 The links below provide instructions on how to control Cookies in all mainstream browsers:
- 5.2.1 Google Chrome
- 5.2.2 Microsoft Internet Explorer
- 5.2.3 Microsoft Edge (Please note that there are no specific instructions at this time, but Microsoft support will be able to assist)
- 5.2.4 Safari (macOS)
- 5.2.5 Safari (iOS)
- 5.2.6 Mozilla Firefox
- 5.2.7 Android (Please refer to your device’s documentation for manufacturers’ own browsers)
7. Further Information
- 7.2 For more information about privacy, data protection and our terms and conditions, please visit our Terms & Conditions.
Terms of Offers & Promotions
The following terms and conditions apply to all offers and promotions in conjunction with normal Run and Become terms and conditions. Unless stated otherwise, offers or promotional discount codes cannot be used in conjunction with other offers, or redeemed against gift vouchers, reduced items, nutrition or books.
Gift Cards & Digital Gift Vouchers
- The minimum amount to activate the Gift Card is £10.
- You may use the Gift Card/Digital Gift Voucher to make purchases on the Run and Become website and at any Run and Become branch.
- The Gift Card/Digital Gift Voucher is not accepted in The Run and Become Clinic.
- You may obtain information about the remaining balance on the card at any till point in-store or through Customer Service.
- You may only redeem your Gift Card/Digital Gift Voucher in GB pounds sterling.
- The Gift Card/Digital Gift Voucher cannot be redeemed or exchanged for cash.
- Refunds will not be given for the purchase of a Gift Card/Digital Gift Voucher.
- The Gift Card/Digital Gift Voucher is like cash. Lost, stolen or damaged cards cannot be replaced.
- All exchanges of goods purchased with the Gift Card/Digital Gift Voucher will be made in accordance with Run and Become’s Refund Policy.
- This does not affect your statutory rights.
- Run and Become will cancel the value of the Gift Card/Digital Gift Voucher if we fail to receive payment from the purchaser’s bank or card company for the initial purchase of the card. Further action may be taken where the fraudulent use of a credit card is suspected. For cash purchases of £1,000 or more we will require proof of identification.
- Run and Become reserves the right to amend these Terms & Conditions from time to time, where we consider it reasonable and necessary to do so. The current conditions will be available at all times in-store and at www.runandbecome.com.
- Issued by Run and Become Become and Run Ltd, Registration England 4425857. Registered Office: 4a Eccleston Street, SW1W 9LN London.
- The Run and Become Gift Card is valid for one year from the date of purchase.
10% discount for Cardiff Half Marathon runners
Offer is valid in-store from 1st December 2019 till 31st December 2020. All Cardiff Half Marathon participants will receive 10% discount in our store, upon showing a Cardiff Half Marathon registration email, a medal or a finisher T-shirt. The discount applies to all full-price items, apart from books and nutrition. Cannot be combined with other offers and promotions.
20% OFF all clothing
Valid in-store and online from 20th March till 11:59pm on 23rd March, or while stocks last. Anyone who quotes the code: SPRING20 at the checkout will get 20% discount on clothing. Offer doesn't apply to sale items. Cannot be combined with other offers and promotions.