Average Weight: Men's 246g / Women's 204g
Wow! This is another level of running. As soon as you land you leave the ground. The shoe runs by itself and you’re just trying to catch up. Magic happens when Hoka gets friendly with carbon plate technology.
- Lightweight, single-layer engineered mesh upper to enhance breathability and structure
- Gusseted tongue prevents any unwanted movement inside the shoe
- Early-stage Meta Rocker provides the rocking movement for a propulsive stride from your midfoot to toe-off
- PROFLY X lightweight and resilient EVA foam offers the ultimate cushioning
- Wider forefoot platform provides support and stability
- Rubberised foam outsole offers lightweight, responsive ground contact
- High mileage
- Lightweight but cushioned
- Very, very, very responsive
- Makes you faster INSTANTLY
- Great shoe for variety of distances – from 5km to a marathon.
The stiffness provided by the carbon plate doesn’t necessarily co-operate with runners who don't have sufficient hip strength and foot-strike control. Be aware if you run slowly with a longer stride.
I’ve run in responsive shoes before but this is a totally different game. The legendary carbon plate propels you through your stride and on to your toes to accelerate your speed. It’s like the shoes run by themselves! And you’re trying to catch up…
I needed literally 5 seconds to fall in love with those shoes. I’ve been running in Hoka for years, so I am familiar with the amount of cushioning. But the Carbon X is much lighter and way more responsive than other Hoka models.
The upper looks very simple and lightweight but it holds the foot nicely inside. The wider shape of the outsole provides great stability, which is crucial for such a stiff shoe. Hoka Carbon X is a perfect combination of cushioning and mileage: that’s why it’s a perfect choice for a longer distance runner. Other carbon plate shoes offer around 100-150 miles of wear. The Carbon X lasts for about 350 – that’s a heck of a difference! If you’re going for a longer run the amount of cushioning in the Asics Metaracer Tokyo, Brooks Hyperion Elite or any other carbon plate shoe might simply not be enough. And surely, they won’t last as long.
So, there was a time before Hoka Carbon X and the time after... but, seriously if you’re a neutral, distance runner going for speed look no further. Everything you need is here. As soon as you take your first steps you’ll know why. For £160 you’ve got carbon plate amazing shoes which will last you twice longer than the competition. Looove it.