Zone3 is an internationally top rated brand started in Britain by ex-elite triathlete James Lock. Zone3 draws on scientific research to develop some of the best triathlon gear on the market.
Here is a guide to their triathlon suits and goggles.
These suits offer high quality at an affordable price. Perfect for a beginner athlete or someone looking for good value. Being comfortable on race day is essential, and Zone3 has this covered.
- Carefully selected fabric maintains its shape, won't become see-through, as well as being breathable and sweat-wicking to help control temperature.
- Flat-locked seams and fine stitching to reduce the chance of chafing.
- The zipper has an internal lining and a fold over to stop it irritating the skin.
- Silicon leg grippers to stop the legs of the shorts moving.
The Activate+ suit is an enhanced version with the addition of a stylish print. It also has a more breathable waffle back-panel. The Activate+ suits we stock also have short sleeves, which can enhance aerodynamics, particularly for longer races.
This suit includes a range of features found in Zone3’s top-tier suits as well as its own highly-rated Aquaflo fabric. The suit is perfect for someone wanting to race a fast sprint or standard distance triathlon.
The Aquaflo fabric results in very low levels of drag in the water so you can swim faster. This is thanks to a Teflon coating that ensures water beads up and flows right off. Out of the water this also means the fabric dries quickly and is lighter.
This suit is specifically designed for the unique demands of longer triathlons such as a half or full Ironman. It is a high-end suit with the very best technology for someone who wants to be competitive. Being aerodynamic becomes more important over longer distance triathlons, particularly on the bike where you can save a substantial amount of time.
- Aero-striped material on the arms and side panels.
- Heat bonding, rather than stitching, on the arms to ensure there is no drag in these key areas.
- Plenty of storage; three easy access pockets one on either leg and a bigger one at the back.
- Iron performance pad designed by Cytech, a world leader based in Italy. The Cytech pad provides comfort on the saddle without compromising your freedom of movement in the swim and run. It is perforated, meaning it is breathable and quick drying. The pad is also high density and designed to offset pressure points.
- Advanced temperature control. It is made of UPF-50 to protect your skin from the sun and the optical white will reflect the sun's heat.
- The front zipper can be fully unzipped and adjusted to allow full torso ventilation. This also allows for quick toilet stops!
All Zone3 designs take into account the unique requirements of men and women. All pads are gender-specific. Women's tri suits also have a double chest layer meaning better coverage, allowing for ventilation without too much exposure. The inner layer at the front also has a zip, making it easy to get on and off.
Zone3 has also won awards for their goggles. We stock the Volare and Attack. All of these goggles have good peripheral vision, anti-fog and use soft silicon for comfort.
The Attack goggles are flexible, made to work on a range of face shapes. They can work for both pool and open water conditions. We stock two versions – one with polarised mirror lenses to help reduce the glare off the water on sunny days. Or if you’re swimming in more varied light conditions there is a photochromatic lense version which will adjust based on the conditions.
The Volare goggles are a streamlined racing model with an interchangeable nose bridge, so you can pick one that's best for your face shape. We stock two versions – one with polarised mirror lenses or another with a completely clear lens, which is usually best for the pool or low light.