A supportive and comfortable compression bra that avoids the uni-boob look.
Brooks' run-ready compression support used in this bra reduces motion of the breasts by bringing the center of gravity inwards a bit. It does not feel constrictive at all, you are aware of the compression but it’s subtle.
The quick-drying DriLayer fabric really does live up to its name. Along with bonded seams this offers great smoothness and comfort.
- Soft fabric – particularly the straps, which never dig in
- Good support for running, thanks to the compression element
- Fits true to size: I’m a 32C and I took a 32C/D
- Lightweight and fast drying
- Very breathable
- Adjustable straps for shoulder height
- 3 fastening options for the perfect tension around your ribs
- Flattering and no uni-boob problems that often come from compression bras
- Not as supportive for the upward bounce as running bras with a higher cut like Dare Scoopback or Drive Underwire.
- I don’t think it would offer enough support for runners who are DD upwards in cup size.
I haven’t worn a compression sports bra in a few years, having used the Dare Scoopback since it was released. So on the first run I felt supported but had to adjust to the compression element – not uncomfortable at all, just a little different. Since then I’ve been very happy with this bra, it feels great on; supportive but not invasive.
I love the design of the straps that offer me great support without digging into my shallow shoulders. The material feels cool against my skin, which is a bonus. I have noticed that I get a bit more of an upward bounce because of the slight V-neck design. That said, the compression works well so the extra bounce is very slight.
I will probably stick with Drive Underwire for long runs as it is ultra supportive, but I love this for short-to-medium range runs, and for exercise classes or gym work.
Make sure you get the tension right in the straps and rib-cage fastening – when you pull the fabric away from your body you shouldn’t be able to pull further than 4 to 5cm.