Aftershokz Sportz Titanium Headphones With Mic
Category: Running Headphones
Recommended for: anyone who like to exercise while listening to music or using apps on their phone.
- They are very durable and are designed to withstand high-impact activities.
- Headphones that deliver unrivalled situational awareness and comfort.
- They produce vibrant, crystal clear audio to the wearer without blocking out noise from their surroundings.
- They are also UK Athletics race approved, so are not banned in races, as more conventional over or in-ear headphones sometimes are – these are safer to use.
- It takes a bit of time to get used to the fact that you are listening to music while the rest of the sounds are not blocked out, especially if you have been using standard headphones for a long time.
- The sound is not as loud when in a noisy environment as it’s mixed with surrounding sounds.
How They Work
AfterShokz headphones have transducers at each end that sit on the cheek bones just in front of your ears, rather than in the ear as traditional headphones do. These transducers guide sonic vibrations through the cheekbones to the inner ears, delivering sound without plugging or covering them.
The quality and clarity of the sound is very impressive but the really useful thing about these headphones is you are able to hear what is going on around you. This is great for personal safety and hazard awareness when running.
Fit and Feel
They are an OpenFit™ design, so they sit very comfortably just in front of your ears and do not feel heavy or intrusive.
It almost feels like you don’t have headphones on and there is music playing, I was very surprised that no one else could hear it! AfterShokz are designed to give you as vibrant ‘live’ a sound quality combined with not compromising your awareness of your environment, yet not leaking the music into it. Clever stuff.
- Bone conduction technology delivers music through your cheekbones, ensuring ears remain completely open to hear ambient sounds
- Dual Noise Cancelling Mics
- Inline Controls
- 12 hours of continuous music and calls on a single charge
- Standby time 60 days
- Charge time: 2 hours
- Battery: rechargeable lithium ion
- Titanium Frame, for durability and flexibility
- 2-year warranty
I can definitely recommend this product to anyone who would want combine exercise and listening to music. After an initial period of getting used to this technology I would not go back to the old headphones any more. I find it much safer to run and listen to the music, while being aware of my surroundings at the same time. It is a great product and I have been using the headphones for receiving and making calls as well on my mobile which works great as well. These are really comfy to wear too!
Shop now at Run and Become
Leave a Comment