Garmin Forerunner 235, Running GPS Watch
Category: Running Watches & Monitors
Recommended for: anyone who wants to train more effectively with GPS smartwatch featuring detailed running and cycling data information, notifications and activity tracking.
It's that time of the year again when we're getting in yet more advanced, updated models of GPS watches. These watches provide us with new technological enhancements to help us perform at our best. The Forerunner 235 replaces the 230 and 230.
If you are familiar with the Forerunner 220 you will have noticed that the watch is lacking many of the common features found in modern GPS watches today. These missing features include the activity and sleep trackers and the 'connect IQ' application which allows you to install 1,000+ connect IQ applications.
These applications include: watch faces, data fields and widgets. Additional connected features include live tracking, audio prompts and automatic uploads to Garmin connect. Forerunner 230 can be bought with or without heart rate.
The Forerunner 235 has some multi-sport features added such as for cycling. These are not included in the Forerunner 220 nor the Forerunner 620.
Let's take a further look at the features of the Forerunner 230 and examine just how it pushes the existing technological boundaries of the GPS watch.
- Garmin Elevate Wrist heart rate
- Battery life (GPS mode): 11 hours
- Waterproof: 50m
- Alerts: vibrate/sound/visual
- Ultra light-weight
- Large visible screen
- Training calendar functionality
- Create and follow custom workouts
- Track your progress on Garmin Connect and share your activities with friends
- Daily activity and sleep tracker
- Ability to control phone music
- Race predictor
- Recovery advisory
- Running VO2 max estimate (when used with an additional heart rate monitor)
- Foot pod compatible for treadmills (Foot pod is compatible but not necessary as FR230 has a built-in accelerometer)
- Measures: distance / speed / calories
- Cycling feature: measures Speed and cadence (when used with speed/cadence sensors)
- IQ applications allowing you to install 1,000 + applications to the watch some which include: watch faces, data fields and widgets
- GPS- enabled + GLONASS
- Interval training
- Bluetooth smart
- Back to start navigation functionality
- Not touch screen compatible
- Not compatible for running dynamics
- Swimming metrics not available
- Cycling VO2 Max estimate not available
Overall we are seeing a lot more advanced features that have been added to the Forerunner 235, closing the gap between this watch and the higher end watches. This is the perfect watch for someone looking for running and cycling data information. It has the ability to receive recovery information, which can greatly aid your training performance. This feature is normally only available in the Forerunner 620 and above, being higher-end retail-priced watches.
Shop now at Run and Become
Leave a Comment