Best Wide-Fitting Running Shoes 2015
If you've got wide feet, bunions or really high arches you'll need wide fitting shoes. At Run and Become we've got lots of wide running shoes you can try.
Meanwhile, here are some of the best wide-fitting options:
Best Wide-Fitting Neutral Road Running Shoes
If you've got a neutral foot-strike, you could try:
- New Balance 1080: New Balance's top or the range neutral shoe is lightweight and very shock absorbent. Built on an 8mm drop to promote a more natural, midfoot strike. The men's 1080 comes in a 2E and a 4E width - the 4E 1080 is the widest of all neutral shoes available, as far as we know. The women's comes in a D width.
- Brooks Ghost: This is a hugely popular well cushioned, stable, neutral shoe from Brooks which comes in 2E width for men and a D width for women.
- Brooks Dyad: A good solid neutral runner available in a 4E width.
Best Wide-Fitting Anti-Pronation Road Running Shoes
If your feet have a tendency to roll inwards when running or walking, give one of these a go:
- Brooks GTS: Decent medial support but still reasonably light and flexible. The men's comes in a 2E width and a 4E, the women's in a D and a 2E width.
- Asics GT-2000: Well cushioned with a lot of support in the arch area. The men's comes in a 2E width, the women's in a D width.
- New Balance 860: Flexible and supportive. The men's comes in 2E and 4E widths, the women's in a D width.
Best Wide-Fitting Motion-Control Road Running Shoes
If you require the maximum support a shoe can give, how about?
- Asics Foundation: Really strong support but still flexible and comfortable on the foot. The men's comes in a 2E width, the women's only in a standard width but it's wider than most.
- Brooks Addiction: Very stable. The women's comes in a D width.
Best Wide-Fitting Road Racing Shoes
As far as we know there are no racing flats made in a wide width but this is the widest we can find.
- Mizuno Hitogami: 220g with good cushioning and a roomy toe-box.
Best Wide-Fitting Trail Running Shoes
If you're running off-road, have a look at one of these:
- Saucony Excursion Gore-Tex: Waterproof with good traction and cushioning. Comes up wider than most but the Gore-Tex upper has a bit less give than the mesh you find on other running shoes.
- Inov-8 Trailroc 245: Low profile and grippy with a wide toe-box so your feet can spread.
Best Wide-Fitting Barefoot Shoes
In the barefoot range some come up wider than most.
- Vibram FiveFingers: The lace up versions of the five-fingered barefoot shoes work best for a wide foot or a high arch.
Best Wide-Fitting Fell Running Shoe
For the super-muddy stuff:
- Walsh PB Ultra: This is their widest fitting fell-running shoe. Excellent uncompromising grip.
Best Wide-Fitting Athletic Spikes
Nike and Brooks running spikes tend to fit wider feet better than most:
- Nike Zoom Rival D: A really popular distance spike. Suitable for many different athletic events.
- Nike Zoom Rival S: An excellent entry level sprint spike.
- Brooks PR LD: A versatile distance spike.
- Brooks PR Sprint: A powerful sprint spike.
- Brooks Mach: A super-aggressive cross-country spike.
So even the widest feet should find something to suit. Happy Running!
Leave a Comment