Best Wide-Fitting Running Shoes 2016
If you've got wide feet, bunions or really high arches you'll need wide fitting shoes. At Run and Become we've got lots of wide running shoes you can try.
Meanwhile, here are some of the best wide-fitting options:
Best Wide-Fitting Neutral Road Running Shoes
If you've got a neutral foot-strike, you could try:
- New Balance 1080: New Balance's top or the range neutral shoe is lightweight and very shock absorbent. Built on an 8mm drop to promote a more natural, midfoot strike. The men's 1080 comes in a 2E and a 4E width - the 4E 1080 is the widest of all neutral shoes available, as far as we know. The women's comes in a D width.
- Brooks Ghost: This is a hugely popular well cushioned, stable, neutral shoe from Brooks which comes in 2E width for men and a D width for women.
- Brooks Dyad: A good solid neutral runner available in a 4E width.
Best Wide-Fitting Anti-Pronation Road Running Shoes
If your feet have a tendency to roll inwards when running or walking, give one of these a go:
- Brooks GTS: Decent medial support but still reasonably light and flexible. The men's comes in a 2E width and a 4E, the women's in a D and a 2E width.
- Brooks Ravenna: Light, responsive, fast and deliciously cushioned with effective midfoot support. Men's 2E and women's D widths.
- Asics GT-2000: Well cushioned with a lot of support in the arch area. The men's comes in a 2E width, the women's in a D width.
- New Balance 860: Flexible and supportive. The men's comes in 2E and 4E widths, the women's in a D width.
Best Wide-Fitting Motion-Control Road Running Shoes
If you require the maximum support a shoe can give, how about?
- Asics Foundation: Really strong support but still flexible and comfortable on the foot. The men's comes in a 2E width, the women's only in a standard width but it's wider than most.
- Brooks Addiction: Very stable. The women's comes in a D width.
So even the widest feet should find something to suit. Happy Running!
Leave a Comment