Average Weight: Men's 315g / Women's 250g
Stack Heights: Men's 10mm (22/12mm) / Women's 13mm (24/11mm)
The Kayano 27 is Asics’ top of the range supportive road running shoe for men and women. It delivers outstanding cushioning, making your runs feel comfortable and easy. These are my go-to shoes!
- Upper: The updated upper features Adaptive Fit to reduce any friction and provide plush comfort and fit. The shape of the heel gradient is also gender specific: the men’s version is naturally wider than the women’s.
- Midsole: Its midsole – FlyteFoam Propel and gel cushioning – has been upgraded to promote an easy footstrike to toe-off transition, making a super soft and bouncy layer in the middle that provides you with the softest underfoot comfort and fantastic shock absorption. The Guidance Trusstic technology is located in the middle of the outer sole to increase the strength of the Dynamic Duomax support. The Guidance Trusstic is now gender-specific.
- Outersole: Gender-specific outsole that adapts the fit of the heel counter and the heel drop to men’s and women’s fit. The new Dynamic Duomax and Guidance Trusstic technologies are built up to decrease the over-pronation of your arch – in the men’s version – and to keep your body posture in a naturally straight position to encourage a smooth ride – in the women’s version.
- More responsive than the previous version
- Lighter feel, softer and bouncier
- Stability is really good
- Shape has a better design
- Better transition for mid-foot runners
- I used to have the Kayano 26 and they were a little wider than this version, so I've gone half a size up because my foot is a little wide.
I normally struggle to find the right shoes – good support, lightweight and responsive for mid-foot – so with these I finally found the right balance. Running has become easier and more enjoyable since I put the Kayano 27 on.
Overall, it’s a great shoe! I can understand why this Asics model is so popular – it provides everything for the runner who needs a good amount of support and cushioning! You can't ask for more.