The most sustainable, environment friendly and super comfortable period solution I found so far for running.
- Luxurious, soft and stretchy Lenzing® MicroModal fabric that is CO2 neutral and 3.5x softer than fine cotton. Combined with the super absorbent hi-tech fabric and a breathable moisture barrier these pants are uniquely period proof, absorbing 200x their own weight in water and locking it in.
- Vegan Approved – Registered with the Vegan Society.
- Midi-brief style with full coverage at the back, without feeling bulky.
- The most absorbent period pants on the market right now: they hold at least 20ml of period flow or light leaks – around 4 tampons worth (usually up to 8 hrs).
- Ultra Hygienic – anti-bacterial fabric fights bacteria and odours.
- Machine washable – YES! Couldn’t believe it, but it’s working perfectly. Just put them in a washing machine with your other clothes, max 40 degrees and it’s done!
- Eco friendly (made with Tencel), designed in the UK and manufactured to the highest standards.
- Super long-lasting – this level of absorbency lasts for 2 years, and will reduce after that.
- The most comfortable of ALL my underwear and God knows I love comfort.
- Midi-brief style which is super comfortable and nicely hugging your body protecting from leaks. However, because of that you probably won’t use them under silky clothing… although I’ve used them under tights and they were totally fine!
Seriously, I couldn’t believe how it could possibly work until I tested this amazing underwear myself. It’s just unbelievable! It feels like a regular underwear with a small pad build in. Inside there’s a special combination of technical materials to soak and lock the moisture in. You might feel a small amount of dampness on the material at the end of the day but that’s it, almost all of it is soaked inside. Extremely soft material, made with Tencel – one of the eco-friendliest fabrics.
I am active all the time. I cycle, going to the gym, do yoga, climb or run every single day. I tried Mooncup, but I didn’t feel secure enough during all my activities, whereas WUKA pants gave me 100% security. An eco-friendly, comfortable and hygienic solution to getting through periods with way, way less waste! One pair of WUKA pants replaces 100 tampons and pads, which would othewise go to landfill. Isn’t that just amazing? They also very sustainable – they’ll keep the absorbency for about 2 years – they will then hold less than 20 ml, but yes, you can still use them. Basically, a few pairs of these pants will sort you out for the next 2-3 years. MAGIC. After usage just rinse them with cold water to prevent staining, and put them in a washing machine with your other clothes (yes, I’m not kidding).
What I also value in the WUKA company is the fact that the CEO and Co-Founder, Ruby, has created this product based on her personal experiences and observations. Not only switching to a more eco-friendly solution, but also changing women’s (sometimes dramatic) situations in Asia, Africa, etc. where it's not that easy to provide appropriate hygiene and comfort during “these” days. I believe that only a woman can fully understand another woman’s needs. Well done, Ruby!
I've switched completely to WUKA, and have 3 pairs now. I bought them for all my friends and actually just ordered for Run and Become another model of this underwear – WUKA Light Flow – so the full period is covered. No more leaks, no more waste, no more limitation. My gym-run-cycle everyday routine is eco-saved!