Average Weight: Men's 286g / Women's 258g
If you are looking for a neutral road running shoe that feels lighter, while giving you good energy return, this is your shoe. Great for speed work too.
- Upper: New meshy upper made from flat-knitted fabric, which offers a more breathable, soft & secure fit. The Mono Sock upper construction keeps your feet comfortable and securely held with its sock-lite fit. It includes an improved softer & more flexible heel collar to protect your foot against any Achilles irritation.
- Midsole: The midsole is 20% lighter than its previous version, making it a faster & lighter feeling shoe. The reformulated DNA AMP cushioning in the midsole, decreases the weight of Levitate 4.
- Outersole: The new outsole design offers improved arrowhead flex grooves that are now closer together at the edges, to give you a faster heel-to-toe transition and improved durability.
- Very responsive, thanks to its energy return sole
- The sock-lite fit makes it very secure and comfy around your feet
- Made for a springy ride
- Its flexible sole makes the heel-to-toe transition smoother
- 20% lighter
- Stylish flat laces
- It may not be cushioned enough for all runners, but for me it is perfect, since I do between 5 and 10km.
- It is a little tighter than the Levitate 3, so you may need to go half a size larger.
In the last few years Brooks has been my favourite brand for running and I have used the Levitate since its second version – and they never cease to amaze me. I'm a mid-foot and fore-foot runner and sometimes I have a hard time finding shoes that feel as natural as this when it comes to running. I previously had Brooks Ghost and its heel-drop was a bit too high for me.
Lately, I was feeling a bit heavy in my Levitate 3 and had switched to the Hoka Carbon X – as they offer a lot of cushioning while still being light and fast. But with the Levitate 4 I no longer feel heavy but springy and light. So, these shoes are a great addition to my collection. I feel like Brooks heard our calls!
I like the knit material they use as it seems to hug the foot better, making them super comfortable. I also think it is a plus that its heel collar is a little higher than usual since it supports the foot better, without creating friction. And its mono-sock shape keeps the tongue from moving to avoid extra movement.
Overall a good pair of trainers! If you like lightweight shoes that sit minimally on your feet, these are one of your best options. They are versatile, responsive and cushioned, yet nice-looking.