Excellent headphones to use both for running and for any other activity that requires movement such as pilates or yoga. They were super useful in lockdown for me, since I did a lot more activities from home to stay active and fit.
- Bone conduction technology delivers music through your cheekbones, ensuring ears remain completely open to hear ambient sounds
- 8 hours of continuous music and calls on a single charge
- Standby time 10 days
- PremiumPitch 2.0 + Stereo Sound
- IP67 waterproof
- Moisture detected alert
- Multipoint pairing
- Charge time: 2 hours
- Battery: rechargeable lithium ion
- Titanium Fit, for durability and flexibility
- 2-year warranty
- Super lightweight, flexible & comfortable.
- Very durable and are designed to withstand high-impact activities.
- 8 hours of music + calls!
- Headphones that deliver unrivalled situational awareness and comfort.
- They produce vibrant, crystal clear audio to the wearer without blocking out noise from their surroundings.
- They are also UK Athletics race approved, so are not banned in races, as more conventional over or in-ear headphones sometimes are – these are safer to use.
- It takes a bit of time to get used to the fact that you are listening to music while the rest of the sounds are not blocked out, especially if you have been using standard headphones for a long time.
- The sound is not as loud when in a noisy environment as it’s mixed with surrounding sounds.
- They're pricier than some other headphones around on the market, however they're worth every penny.
Bone conduction is a natural part of the hearing process—sound travels through your
eardrums and bones simultaneously. Aftershokz have taken the concept to the next level through
a suite of proprietary audio technologies and design patents.
- Patented transducers create mini vibrations that travel through your cheekbones.
- The sound bypasses your eardrums, traveling directly to your inner ears (cochlea).
A reinvented listening experience, through an open ear design. Premium audio, situational
awareness and extreme comfort – second to none. The result: Bone Conduction Technology
As a road runner I usually use a good mix of street and park, which means many zebra crossings, traffic lights, people and cars to be aware of. So, these headphones are perfect for me, allowing me to enjoy music and running. I used to have the previous version of these in the mini size that was recommended for smaller heads – women’s fit – and after wearing them for a while I felt discomfort in my ears. But with the latest generation of these headphones, I do not notice them at all. It shows that they are hardly 26g sitting on your ears.
The battery lasts a long time and if I use it for a couple of hours every day, I usually charge them once or twice a week. And in just two hours they have another 8 hours of battery.
I would definitely recommend these for anyone who likes to exercise while listening to music or using apps on their phone. After an initial period of getting used to this technology I would not go back to the old headphones anymore. I find it much safer to run and listen to music, while being aware of my surroundings at the same time. It is a great product and I have been using it for receiving and making calls on my mobile which works great as well. These are really comfy to wear too!