Sri Chinmoy Self-Transcendence 100K & 50K
Sunday 24th March 2019
North Inch Park, Bell's Sports Centre, Hay Street, Perth, PH1 5HS
100km: Earlybird £55 until 31st December, then £60
50km: Earlybird £45 until 31st December, then £50
Open 100km/50k ultra distance road races. The longer distance incorporates both the British and Scottish 100km road championship for 2019. The 50km race incorporates the Scottish 50km championship for 2019.
The 100k race also incorporates the annual Anglo Celtic Plate home countries event.
Despite attracting some of the countries leading ultra runners, the event also attracts runners of all standards just keen to challenge themselves over one of the classic ultra distances.
The 100km is, to our knowledge, the only certified accurate 100km road event in 2019. It is a perfect opportunity for experienced ultra runners and marathoners to challenge themselves over the internationally recognised distance of 100km.
It is also an ideal event if you are aiming for a longer 100mile ultra later in the summer. The 50km (31.1 miles) to our knowledge, is one of only two accurate 50km road events in 2019. It is an ideal test for anyone wanting to attempt their first ultra, and is also a perfect distance for an honest test if preparing for a longer ultra event in the summer.
- Traffic-free loop course at the north inch park on the banks of the River Tay, Perth
- Measured by IAAF measurer at 2.381km
- Perfect for fast times and PBs
- Event held under licence from Scottish Athletics and held under UK Athletics and International Association of Ultra Runners rules
- We have an IAU bronze medal.
- Chip timing
- 100k race has a 12-hour cut-off
- 50k race has an 8-hour cut-off
- Live tracking being researched
- Refreshment station every lap, support crews welcome to help individual runners
- £2 discount to Scottish Athletics and Road Runners Club members
- Full medical & physio support
- Momento to all finishers
- Category prizes