Training with Running Power
Running power is a great complement to heart rate monitoring – it helps you to monitor the external load of your running.
Power responds to changes in intensity faster than your heart rate, which is why Running Power is a great guiding metric in interval and hill sessions. You can also use it to maintain a steady effort level during your run, for example in a race.
The calculation is done with Polar’s proprietary algorithm, and it is based on your GPS and barometer data.
Polar Vantage V uses Running Power to calculate your Muscle Load, the load that your training session puts on your joints and your muscular and skeletal systems.
One watch, over 130+ sports
Choose from over 130 sports and add your favourite sport profiles to your Polar Vantage V in Polar Flow. You can add up to 20 sport profiles to your sports watch and customise individual settings for each.
For example, you can define individual heart rate, speed or power zones and choose what data you want to see on your watch face while you train.
Using the right sport profile helps you to keep your training log in Polar Flow up-to-date. You’ll also get sport-specific feedback.
You can create training targets in Polar Flow and save them to your training diary or as favourites for later use. Sync your targets to your training device. You can set phased targets with heart rate or speed/pace guidance to create an interval workout or add simple training targets, such as ‘burn 700 kcal cycling’ or ‘run 30 minutes’.
Your device will guide you throughout your training. You will get an alert on your device when you need to slow down or speed up to make sure your training goes as targeted.
After the training session you can analyse your result and compare it with your target in Polar Flow.
Follow your progress in the pool. Polar Vantage V automatically detects your heart rate, swimming style, distance, pace, strokes and rest times. Distance and strokes get tracked also in open water swimming.
Next level wrist-based heart rate - Polar Precision Prime
Polar Vantage V measures heart rate from the wrist with Polar Precision Prime sensor fusion technology. This innovation combines optical heart rate measurement with skin contact measurement, in order to rule out any motion artefacts that might disturb the heart rate signal and produce unreliable readings.
This way your heart rate gets tracked accurately, even in the most demanding conditions and training sessions.
Optimise your training with training load Pro
When you’re training to achieve a specific goal, you need to know how your workouts strain your body in order to find the balance between different types of training and rest.
Polar Vantage V data will show you how your training sessions can strain your body and how it can affect your performance.
Training Load Pro monitors the strain your training can put on your cardiovascular system (Cardio Load), and also takes into account how strained you feel (Subjective Load). If you’re using a separate running or cycling power meter you will also get a training load value for your musculoskeletal system (Muscle Load).
When you know how strained each body system is, you can optimise your training by working the right system at the right time. You get a numerical value, verbal feedback and a visual bullet scale for each training load.
The perfect training platform for the data-loving athlete
Polar Vantage V works seamlessly with Polar Flow, the online window to your training, sleep and activity. With Polar Flow all your training data is easily available in one place.
You can also sync your data to other online sports communities, such as Strava or TrainingPeaks.
Share your data with your coach
Give your coach access to your training data with the free Polar Flow for Coach service.
- GPS + GLONAS
- Optical HR - Precision Prime OHR, with 6 LEDs
- Continuous HR
- 40 hour battery life with GPS and HR on
- Recovery Pro (H10 HR sensor required)
- Bluetooth Smart
- Activity tracking
- Sleep tracking (duration and quality)
- Activity summary and benefit
- Smart notifications (available at a later date with a firmware update)
- Touch screen and button operated
- Route import (available at a later date with a firmware update)
- Route guidance (available at a later date with a firmware update)
- R-R recording (available at a later date with a firmware update)
- Back to start feature (available at a later date with a firmware update)
- 130 sports to choose from (including triathlon and open water swimming)
- Bike settings for three bikes
- Downloadable training plans (5k, 10k, half marathon, marathon)
- Training Load Pro (cardio load, muscle load, perceived load)
- Speed and distance from the wrist
- Running cadence from the wrist
- Power meter and power zones (thanks to built-in barometer)
- Altitude, ascent/descend
- User-adjustable training displays
- Training targets
- Laps - both manual and automatic
- Languages: Danish, Czech, Dutch, English, Turkish, Swedish, Spanish, Russian, Portuguese, Indonesian, German, French, Finnish, Italian, Polish, Norwegian
- Vibration and audio alerts
- Colour display
- Display resolution 240X240
- Gorilla glass for durability
- H10 heart rate monitor included in the box of this model
UK Delivery is FREE on orders over £10.
International Delivery within 3 working days via DHL (prices vary according to country).
Priority First Class Delivery within 3 working days (charge £5).
Next Day Delivery available weekdays on orders placed before 3pm for next working day delivery (charge £7).
Orders placed Monday - Friday before 3pm will be dispatched the same day.