The heel counter of the new 860 has been improved by the introduction of the Ultraheel, using technology that closely mimics the shape of your foot, thereby delivering a secure fit for smooth heel to toe transition.
The midsole has been improved by the new Trufuse technology where a softer and more responsive layer has been inserted on the top and bottom to give a more alive ride through the stride. In addition, the T-Beam in the middle of the midsole has been replaced by a new internal post shape to provide an even, gradual progression to the medial stability post to increase the smoothness of transition from heel to forefoot.
To maintain a stable mid-foot fit and maximise comfort, New Balance has improved the mesh upper to a premium, lofted double jacquard engineered mesh with plush pliability properties, which adapts to your foot with each step.
- New improved, lofted double jacquard mesh for better fit and feel
- New UltraHeel closely mimics the shape of your heel offering comfort and stability
- Reflective N-Logo
- New More responsive midsole foams focuses on ground contact and geometries to deliver stability
- TruFuse Midsole with more responsive foam cushioning for a smother heel to toe transition
- New Ramped medial post for gradual progression to the post-applied stability post
- Blown rubber outsole provides a soft and smooth interaction with the ground as you transition to your forefoot
This item is currently not available to purchase.
UK Delivery is FREE on orders over £10.
International Delivery within 3 working days via DHL (prices vary according to country).
Priority First Class Delivery within 3 working days (charge £5).
Next Day Delivery available weekdays on orders placed before 3pm for next working day delivery (charge £7).
Orders placed Monday - Friday before 3pm will be dispatched the same day.
HOW TO CHOOSE THE RIGHT SIZE FOR RUNNING SHOES
Your running shoe size will generally be 1 to 1.5 sizes bigger than your regular (‘dress’) shoe size. Bear in mind also that one foot can be slightly bigger than the other.
First, kick your foot back into the heel of each shoe before checking how much space is left at the front. When standing in each shoe with your full weight on the foot, it’s best to have between half and a full thumb's width between the end of the longest toe and the end of the shoe.
When standing in the shoe, it’s best to have a little wiggle room for the toes, but the back of heel should still feel nicely secure.
Sprint spikes are best when a close fit. Distance spikes best when up to a half a thumb's width between the end of the longest toe and the end of the shoe.