DESIGNED FOR ANY ENVIRONMENT
Forerunner 745 is made to go where your sport takes you. It’s built to hold up to 200 sweaty runs, bumpy bike rides and long swims. Swim, bike, run, tri — do it all with preloaded activity profiles. Get daily workout suggestions just for you, based on your recent training.
DAILY WORKOUT SUGGESTIONS
For training guidance that takes you and your fitness level into account, get daily run and ride recommendations based on your current training load and training status.
See how your workouts influence the development of endurance, speed and power with aerobic and anaerobic training effect feedback.
After each workout, recovery time lets you know when you’ll be ready for another hard workout. It even accounts for training intensity and factors such as stress, daily activity and sleep
BUILT-IN SPORTS APPS
Get built-in activity profiles for running, cycling, triathlon, pool and open water swimming, track running and more. For races and brick workouts, switch sports with just one button press.
Train smarter with VO2 max, an indicator of how you can expect to perform. This metric even accounts for changes in performance that could be caused by heat or altitude.
This specialised tool takes into account your fitness level and training history to help you work toward your race goal and see the impact of training on your predicted finish time.
While you run, Forerunner 745 analyses pace, heart rate and heart rate variability for a real-time assessment of your current ability to perform.
This stat measures your exercise volume from the last 7 days and compares it to the optimal range for your fitness and recent training history.
This metric evaluates your recent exercise history and performance indicators to let you know if you’re training productively, peaking or overreaching.
WRIST-BASED HEART RATE
Get hassle-free heart rate data2, including advanced heart rate alerts and other features, to help you get the most out of your workouts.
When used with a compatible accessory3, Forerunner 745 measures crucial running metrics such as cadence, stride length, ground contact time and balance, and more.
These free adaptive training plans feature guidance from expert coaches and adapt to you and your goals. Workouts sync right to your watch.
BODY BATTERY™ ENERGY MONITORING
Track your body’s energy levels so you can find the best times for activity and rest.
MUSIC ON YOUR WRIST
Sync your playlists from select music streaming services6 — right to your watch. Forerunner 745 can store up to 500 songs.
GARMIN PAY™ CONTACTLESS PAYMENTS
Breeze through checkout lines and select transit systems with Garmin Pay contactless payment solution1 through participating providers.
Receive emails, texts and alerts right on your watch when paired with your compatible smartphone.
SAFETY AND TRACKING FEATURES
If you feel unsafe or if your watch senses that an incident occurred, assistance and incident detection features7 send your location to emergency contacts.
Get up to 1 week of battery life in smartwatch mode and 6 hours in GPS mode with music. Use UltraTrac™ mode to make sure you’ve got enough juice to outlast your longest race.
- Lens material: Corning® Gorilla® Glass DX
- Strap material: Silicone
- Physical size: 43.8 x 43.8 x 13.3 mm
- Coloured display
- Display size 30.4 mm (1.2") diameter
- Display resolution240 x 240 pixels
- Display type Sunlight-visible, transflective memory-in-pixel (MIP)
- Weight47 g
- Battery life
- Smartwatch mode: Up to 7 days
- GPS mode without music: Up to 16 hours
- GPS mode with music: Up to 6 hours
- UltraTrac™ mode: Up to 21 hours
- Water rating 5 ATM
- Memory / history 200 hours of activity data
- GPS time sync
- Automatic daylight saving time
- Alarm clock
- Sunrise/sunset times
- Available run profiles
- Treadmill Running
- Indoor and Outdoor Track Running
- Virtual Running
- Trail Running
- GPS-based distance, time and pace
- Running dynamics (with compatible accessory)
- Vertical oscillation and ratio (the degree of 'bounce' in your running motion and the cost-benefit ratio with stride length) (with compatible accessory)
- Ground contact time and balance (shows how much time, in the running motion, your foot is on the ground rather than in flight and lets you check your running symmetry) (with compatible accessory)
- Stride length (with compatible accessory)
- Performance condition (after running 6–20 minutes, compares your real-time condition to your average fitness level)
- Lactate threshold (with compatible accessory)
- PacePro™ Pacing Strategies
- Race predictor
Outdoor recreation features
- Available outdoor recreation profiles
- Hiking, Skiing
- Backcountry Skiing
- XC Classic
- Skate Skiing
- Stand up Paddleboarding
- Point-to-point navigation
- Breadcrumb trail in real time
- UltraTrac mode
- Barometric trend indicator with storm alert
- Trail run auto climb
- Vertical speed
- Total ascent / descent
- Future elevation plot
- Available cycling profiles
- Indoor Biking
- Mountain Trail Biking
- Bike lap and lap maximum power (with power sensor)
- FTP (Functional threshold power) (with compatible accessory)
- Compatible with Vector™ (power meter)
- Power meter compatible
- Advanced Vector support
- Compatible with Varia Vision™ (head-mounted display)
- Compatible with Varia™ radar (rear-facing radar)
- Compatible with Varia™ lights
- Speed and cadence sensor support
- Available swim profiles
- Pool Swimming,
- Open Water Swimming
- Open-water swim metrics (distance, pace, stroke count/rate, stroke distance, swim efficiency (SWOLF), calories)
- Pool swim metrics (lengths, distance, pace, stroke count, swim efficiency (SWOLF), calories)
- Stroke type detection (freestyle, backstroke, breaststroke, butterfly) (pool swim only)
- Drill logging (pool swim only)
- Basic rest timer (up from 0) (pool swim only)
- "Repeat on" rest timer
- Auto rest (pool swim only)
- Time and distance alerts
- Pacing alerts (pool swim only)
- Underwater wrist-based heart rate
- Heart rate from external HRM (real-time during rests, interval and session stats during rests, and automatic heart rate download post-swim)
- Wrist-based heart rate (constant, every second)
- Daily Resting Heart Rate
- Abnormal Heart Rate Alerts
- Respiration rate (24x7)
- Body Battery™ Energy Monitor
- All-day stress tracking
- Relaxation breathing timer
- Advanced sleep monitoring (sleep score & insights)
- Hydration (with Garmin Connect)
- Menstrual Cycle
- GPS, GLONASS and Galileo
- Garmin Elevate™ wrist heart rate monitor
- Barometric altimeter, Compass, Gyroscope, Accelerometer, Thermometer
- Pulse Ox Blood Oxygen Saturation Monitor
Daily smart features
- Connectivity via Bluetooth®, ANT+®, Wi-Fi
- Connect IQ™ (downloadable watch faces, data fields, widgets and apps)
- Smart notifications
- Calendar, Weather
- Plays and controls watch music
- Music storage up to 500 songs
- VIRB® camera remote
- Smartphone compatibility
- Compatible with Garmin Connect™ Mobile
- Garmin Pay™
Activity tracking features
- Step counter
- Move bar (displays on device after a period of inactivity; walk for a couple of minutes to reset it)
- Auto goal (learns your activity level and assigns a daily step goal)
- Calories burned, Floors climbed, Distance travelled, Intensity minutes
- Available gym activity profiles (Strength, Cardio and Elliptical Training, Stair Stepping, Floor Climbing, Indoor Rowing, Pilates and Yoga)
Training, planning and analysis features
- HR zones, HR alerts, HR calories
- Recovery time
- Auto max HR
- Interval training
- Downloadable training plans
- Auto Lap®, Manual lap
- Heat and altitude acclimation
- Training status (lets you see if you’re training effectively by tracking your training history and fitness level trend)
- Customisable alerts,Audio prompts,Virtual partner
- Garmin Live Segments, Strava Live Segments
This item is currently only available to buy online.
UK Delivery is FREE on orders over £10.
International Delivery within 3 working days via DHL (prices vary according to country).
Priority First Class Delivery within 3 working days (charge £5).
Next Day Delivery available weekdays on orders placed before 3pm for next working day delivery (charge £7).
Orders placed Monday - Friday before 3pm will be dispatched the same day.