Advance performance analytics
What amount of training is right for you? Forerunner 245 offers personalised training and recovery insight for smarter training decisions, helping you prepare for your next race. It keeps tabs on your VO2 max and understands how heat and altitude impact your performance. The higher your VO2 max, the higher you can expect to perform, which is exactly what is shown by the performance condition metric. Training status evaluates your recent exercise history and performance indicators to let you know if you're training productively, peaking or overreaching. See how your workouts influence the development of endurance, speed and power with aerobic and anaerobic training effect feedback. Recovery time helps you maximise the benefit of your efforts by predicting when you will be ready for your next tough challenge. You can even view your overall training load, which measures your exercise volume from the last 7 days and compares it to the optimal range for your fitness and recent training history.
More ways to work out
Running is what you do, so train smarter with the tools available from the Garmin Connect online fitness community. Create your own custom workouts, or download free ones that sync right to your watch. Or, if you've got a specific goal in mind for your next 5K, check out Garmin Coach. Featuring guidance from expert coaches and free training plans that adapt to you and your goals, it's a foolproof way to get to the finish line. As part of your training plan, it can even help you predict your race time. What about when you want to switch it up? Forerunner 245 also has activity profiles for cycling, pool swimming, indoor rowing and even for using the elliptical or stair-stepper.
Analyse your running form
The Forerunner 245 GPS smartwatch also has the tools you need to improve your running form. The watch measures crucial running metrics such as cadence, stride length, ground contact time and balance, vertical oscillation and vertical ratio. These measurements are the key to understanding your form, so you can bring your best on every run and at every race. Your Forerunner 245 can start tracking these metrics with the addition of a compatible heart rate strap or the compact Running Dynamics Pod, which clips right onto your waistband.
More ways to customize
Check out Garmin's Connect IQ Store, where you can add personality to Forerunner 245 by downloading apps, widgets, watch faces and more. It's easy and — even better — it's free. New apps are added every day, so you can keep tabs on when your Uber will arrive, challenge yourself with the Strava Relative Effort app, and even use the AccuWeather MinuteCast app to find out when the rain will start.
Stay connected on the run
Forerunner 245 makes it easy to run without leaving important smart features behind. Once paired with your compatible smartphone, you'll be able to receive text messages and see social media updates, emails and more right on your wrist. New safety and tracking features make it easy to share your location with chosen contacts in case you need assistance — manually, or automatically with built-in incident detection, if needed. So, lace up your shoes and head out with a little extra peace of mind.
Share and complete
Syncing your activities to Garmin Connect is for more than just storing your data. Garmin Connect is a thriving online community where people on the go can connect and compete by joining challenges, encourage each other's successes and even share their triumphs via social media. Garmin Connect is free and available on the web or on your smartphone.
Wellness and advanced sleep monitoring
The Forerunner 245 smartwatch has tools to help keep tabs on your overall well-being and the sleep3 you're getting at night. These tools provide crucial insight you can use to maximise your training. For example, it's our first running watch to include a Pulse Ox sensor4. This wrist-based sensor estimates your body's blood oxygen saturation, which can help gauge how your body is absorbing oxygen — especially while you sleep. And to help you optimise your body's energy, Body Battery™ energy monitoring uses collected data to gauge your energy reserves at any moment, so you can plan your day to optimise times for activity and rest.
1When used with Running Dynamics Pod or HRM-Run™ or HRM-Tri™ monitors (sold separately)
2When paired with a compatible smartphone
3Activity tracking accuracy
4This is not a medical device and is not intended for use in the diagnosis or monitoring of any medical condition; see Garmin.com/ataccuracy. Pulse Ox not available in all countries
- Weight: 38.5g
- Colour display
- Lens material: Corning® Gorilla® glass 3
- Display type: Sunlight-visible, transflective memory-in-pixel (MIP)
- Battery life: Smartwatch Mode: Up to 7 days; GPS mode: Up to 24 hours
- Memory/history: 200 hours of activity data
- Display resolution: 240 x 240 pixels
- GPS, GLONASS, Galileo - speed and distance
- Sleep monitoring (monitors total sleep and periods of movement or restful sleep)
- Downloadable training plans
- Pool swim workouts
- Stroke type detection (freestyle, backstroke, breaststroke, butterfly)
- Swim efficiency (SWOLF)
- Race an activity
- Activity history on watch
- Auto max HR
- HR alerts
- Training effect (anaerobic and aerobic)
- Customisable screen(s)
- Race an activity
- Finish time estimater
- Configurable lap alerts
- Incident Detection during select activities (Smartphone required)
- Virtual partner
- VO2 max
- Customisable alerts
- Advanced workouts
- Back to start
- Breadcrumb trail in real time, point-to-point navigation
- Training load (your total training load for the last 7 days calculated from estimated EPOC)
- Move bar (displays on device after a period of inactivity; walk for a couple of minutes to reset it)
- Intensity minutes
- Step counter
- Available gym activity profiles
- Strength training, Cardio training, Elliptical training, Stair stepping, Indoor rowing and Yoga
- Available run profiles
- Running, Treadmill running, Indoor track running, Trail running
- UltraTrac mode
- Pulse Ox
- % HR max, % HRR, HR zones
- Connectivity Bluetooth, ANT+
- Stopwatch, timer
- Find my watch / Phone
- Audio prompts
- Vertical oscillation and ratio (the degree of 'bounce' in your running motion and the cost-benefit ratio with stride length), Ground contact time and balance (shows how much time, in the running motion, your foot is on the ground rather than in flight and lets you check your running symmetry) - with compatible accessory
- Time/date, alarm clock, calender
- Garmin Elevate™ wrist heart rate monitor
- Smart notifications
- Automatic daylight saving time
- Calories burned
- Connect IQ™ (downloadable watch faces, data fields, widgets and apps)
- Controls smartphone music
- Quick Release Bands (20 mm, Industry standard)
- All-day stress tracking
- Recovery time
- Manual lap, auto lap, auto pause
- iPhone and Android
- Varia™ lights
- VIRB camera remote
- Varia™ radar (rear-facing radar)
- Varia Vision™ (head-mounted display)
- Garmin Connect™ Mobile
- Speed and cadence sensors
UK Delivery is FREE on orders over £10.
International Delivery within 3 working days via DHL (prices vary according to country).
Priority First Class Delivery within 3 working days (charge £5).
Next Day Delivery available weekdays on orders placed before 3pm for next working day delivery (charge £7).
Orders placed Monday - Friday before 3pm will be dispatched the same day.