Asics changed the compound of the GEL technology in the midsole to deliver you more compression and softness under your foot while running. The new 3D pillar framework placed under your heel area (in the full length of the midsole in women's version) allows you to squeeze a specific area of the midsole for more bounce without losing stability or durability. On the top of it, the redesigned ORTHOLITE X-60 innersole delivers you a responsive feel for additional comfort.
Asics's designers are aware of the differences in male and female foot biomechanics; in this new version they've addressed the differences while promoting an ultimate cushion to everyone. Men's bodies need more structure in the medial direction which is why the male Nimbus's 23 forefoot features the torsional rigidity while the female midfoot is softer. Also, the TRUSSTIC mechanism has been adjusted and in the female version, cut outs have been added to improve the shape of it for a smooth transition. The heel drop is 3mm higher for women to help reduce the pressure on the calf muscle.
The upgraded mesh upper is designed from three new materials to enhance a lightweight, breathable, and perfectly tailored fit. The eyelets have been shaped in a unique way to be more stretchy and also to allow the upper to appropriately move with your foot. The new flexible midfoot panel centres your foot on the shoe platform.
- FLYTEFOAM MIDSOLE technology offers the softest cushioning
- Engineered mesh upper with reinforced woven to wrap the foot like a second layer of skin
- FOREFOOT GEL cushioning to absorb the impact from running
- Gender specific forefoot for a smooth transition
- New 3D pillar under the heel for improved engagement process
- Thermoplastic piece in the middle on the outsole represents TRUSSTIC Technology to offer additional support and prolong the life of the shoe
- FLITEFOAM PROPEL technology is bouncy and soft for comfort underfoot
- PLUS 3 MIDSOLE technology increases the heel drop for extra 3mm in women's version for improved cushioning and structure
- IMPACT GUIDANCE SYSTEM connects GEL cushioning with GUIDANCE LIME and TRUSSTIC technology for a smooth ride
- ORTHOLITE LASTING is squashy and odourless layer of cushioning under the sockliner
- AHAR LITE rubber on the outsole placed in high contact areas is resilient and durable
- ORTHOLITE X-60 for a fluffy feel underfoot besides the reactive bounceback
- Offsrt: 13mm
- Weight: 260g
UK Delivery is FREE on orders over £10.
International Delivery within 3 working days via DHL (prices vary according to country).
Priority First Class Delivery within 3 working days (charge £5).
Next Day Delivery available weekdays on orders placed before 3pm for next working day delivery (charge £7).
Orders placed Monday - Friday before 3pm will be dispatched the same day.
HOW TO CHOOSE THE RIGHT SIZE FOR RUNNING SHOES
Your running shoe size will generally be 1 to 1.5 sizes bigger than your regular (‘dress’) shoe size. Bear in mind also that one foot can be slightly bigger than the other.
First, kick your foot back into the heel of each shoe before checking how much space is left at the front. When standing in each shoe with your full weight on the foot, it’s best to have between half and a full thumb's width between the end of the longest toe and the end of the shoe.
When standing in the shoe, it’s best to have a little wiggle room for the toes, but the back of heel should still feel nicely secure.
Sprint spikes are best when a close fit. Distance spikes best when up to a half a thumb's width between the end of the longest toe and the end of the shoe.