The REARFOOT GEL technology, under the heel, has been sculpted and a softer foam segment has been added to enhance impact protection when you footstrike.
Both layers of the midsole in GT-2000 8 are formed from materials with a lower density to deliver you a softer underfoot feel and reduce the weight of the shoe. In addition the updated forefoot layer curves up especially under the toe box and works with the new midsole foam to take away the impact forces and give you a smoother toe-off transition.
Asics keep their legendary DYNAMIC DUOMAX support system as in it's predecessor, version 7. The DYNAMIC DUOMAX support system is the firmer foam placed under the arch of your foot and embedded in the midsole, to prevent the excessive inward movement of your arch (over-pronation) and help stabilise your foot. When your foot is stabilised there is less impact on your ankle, Achilles, knees and hips which helps to protect you from injuries.
The renovated toe-box of GT-2000 8 is now higher and wider, shaped in a more accommodating fit to offer your feet extra room to spread more naturally.
- Guidance TRUSSTIC system technology for smooth transition and durability
- Multidirectional stretch Engineered mesh that adjust to the shape of your foot for exceptional fit
- Dymanic DUOMAX technology reduces stress on the foot caused by over-pronation
- Light AHAR sponge rubber on the outsole that reduces wear and enhances cushioning
- FLYTEFOAM midsole technology is lighter and more durable than traditional midsole material
- Super AHAR HEEL-PLUG a higher abrasion rubber used in areas of heavy wear to increase durability
- IMPACT GUIDANCE SYSTEM technology enhances the foot's natural stride
- Forefoot TWIST GEL technology includes softer material in the forefoot to position the foot for a more natural stride
- VIS REARFOOT GEL technology in the heel reduces shock when the foot makes contact with the ground
- More flex grooves under the heel to enable a softer landing
- DOPE-DYED YARN mesh on sock-liner for additional comfort
This item is currently only available to buy online.
UK Delivery is FREE on orders over £10.
International Delivery within 3 working days via DHL (prices vary according to country).
Priority First Class Delivery within 3 working days (charge £5).
Next Day Delivery available weekdays on orders placed before 3pm for next working day delivery (charge £7).
Orders placed Monday - Friday before 3pm will be dispatched the same day.
HOW TO CHOOSE THE RIGHT SIZE FOR RUNNING SHOES
Your running shoe size will generally be 1 to 1.5 sizes bigger than your regular (‘dress’) shoe size. Bear in mind also that one foot can be slightly bigger than the other.
First, kick your foot back into the heel of each shoe before checking how much space is left at the front. When standing in each shoe with your full weight on the foot, it’s best to have between half and a full thumb's width between the end of the longest toe and the end of the shoe.
When standing in the shoe, it’s best to have a little wiggle room for the toes, but the back of heel should still feel nicely secure.
Sprint spikes are best when a close fit. Distance spikes best when up to a half a thumb's width between the end of the longest toe and the end of the shoe.