Like all Altra women’ running shoes, the women’s Escalante 1.5 is constructed differently from the men’s to reflect the anatomical differences in women’s feet. Altra women’s shoes are narrower in the heel, higher in the instep, longer in the arch and narrower in the midfoot and the cushioning is softer as women are typically lighter than men.
The 24mm Altra Ego midsole offers super bouncy cushioning with great flexibility to enable you to maintain momentum as you run along. Footpod technology on the outsole mimics the bones and tendons of your foot to help it move and bend in a more natural way.
As are Altra shoes, the Escalante 1.5 is built on a zero drop platform so your heel and forefoot are the same distance off the ground for a low impact ground strike and a more natural body alignment.
Altra’s trademark ‘foot-shaped’ toe box allows unrestricted toe spreading and allows the big toe to remain in a straight position for maximum stability and power at take-off.
Stack Height: 24/24mm (zero drop)
- Fit4Her technology means every women's shoe is customized to the unique anatomy of the female foot.
- Altra Ego midsole – a dual natured compound with a responsive yet soft feel for cushioning and energy return
- Platform: Fully-Cushioned Zero Drop platform and FootShape toe box
- Outsole – FootPod technology maps the bones and tendons of the foot to promote a natural foot flex
- More breathable knitted upper with a perforated tongue to reduce sweat build up
- Sleeker heel, midfoot strap and tongue stay for an improved fit and feel
- Minimalist road running shoes
- Vegan friendly
This item is currently not available to purchase.
UK Delivery is FREE on orders over £10.
International Delivery within 3 working days via DHL (prices vary according to country).
Priority First Class Delivery within 3 working days (charge £5).
Next Day Delivery available weekdays on orders placed before 3pm for next working day delivery (charge £7).
Orders placed Monday - Friday before 3pm will be dispatched the same day.
HOW TO CHOOSE THE RIGHT SIZE FOR RUNNING SHOES
Your running shoe size will generally be 1 to 1.5 sizes bigger than your regular (‘dress’) shoe size. Bear in mind also that one foot can be slightly bigger than the other.
First, kick your foot back into the heel of each shoe before checking how much space is left at the front. When standing in each shoe with your full weight on the foot, it’s best to have between half and a full thumb's width between the end of the longest toe and the end of the shoe.
When standing in the shoe, it’s best to have a little wiggle room for the toes, but the back of heel should still feel nicely secure.
Sprint spikes are best when a close fit. Distance spikes best when up to a half a thumb's width between the end of the longest toe and the end of the shoe.