Women’s Altra running shoes are constructed differently from men’s to reflect the anatomical differences in women’s feet. The cushioning is softer and they’re narrower in the heel, higher in the instep, longer in the arch and narrower in the midfoot.
The women’s Escalante is a light weight and super flexible training shoe which features Altra’s new ‘Ego’ midsole material – a dual-natured compound designed to give increased energy return, improved resilience and long-term durability. This new material responds to the ground, giving energy back, instead of feeling dead under your foot.
The upper is a seam-free knitted mesh that stretches where needed for a comfortable sock like fit and provides a stylish aesthetic.
Grid-like flex grooves and FootPod technology on the outsole contribute to the Escalante’s flexibility, making it a great option for faster training and racing that also has plenty of cushioning for longer distance running.
Stack Heights: 25mm heel and forefoot (zero drop)
- Gender Specific tooling to suit a woman’s foot
- Midsole – Altra Ego cushioning for extra resilience with energetic rebound, with Inner Flex
- Designed To Improve: Natural Foot Positioning, Walking Form, Toe Splay, Comfort
- Platform: Fully-Cushioned Zero Drop platform and FootShape toe box
- Outsole – FootPod technology
- Stretchy seam Free Knitted Upper – For an unrestricted sock like fit
- Insole: 6mm contoured footbed for underfoot comfort
- Suitable for Vegans
UK Delivery is FREE on orders over £10.
International Delivery within 3 working days via DHL (prices vary according to country).
Priority First Class Delivery within 3 working days (charge £5).
Next Day Delivery available weekdays on orders placed before 3pm for next working day delivery (charge £7).
Orders placed Monday - Friday before 3pm will be dispatched the same day.