Self-Transcendence 5k Race, Silverknowes
Wednesday 1st May 2013
7:30pm - 8:15pm
Silverknowes Esplanade, Tearoom, Marine Drive, Edinburgh, EH4 5ES
£6 Clubs / £8 UA
Apologies for the slight delay in posting results, we had a couple of glitches to sort out which we feel we have resolved.
Do contact us if you have any issues with results. Huge thanks to all our volunteers and special thanks to Mark Rappaport of the Silverknowes Tea rooms for letting us use his great space. It must be one of the best views in Edinburgh to sit and enjoy a coffee or ice cream so please do visit him again.
Incorporating the Scottish 5km Road Race Championships. The Self-Transcendence 5km road race at Silverknowes is quite simply acknowledged as one of the most competitive in depth short road races in the Scottish calendar. Whatever your standard, the momentum of this event from start line to the finish line seems to bring the best out of everyone and gets the adrenaline flowing.
- Fast flat scenic course along the banks of the Firth of Forth
- Certified course by Scottish athletics course measurer
- Definite PB course. Many PBs set last year throughout the field.
- Limited changing (no showers) so come ready to run, if possible
- Tented accommodation for baggage storage.
- Toilets at the Silverknowes tearooms which will be open on race evening
- Extensive Car parking on Marine Drive above the start finish area
- Minimum age: 15
- Run and Become FAAASSSST!
- Course records: Men, Chris MacKay, 14 min 35 sec(2011) and Ross Houston (2012); Women, Emma Raven, 16min.42sec (2011)
- Small memento to all entrants
- As a Scottish championship event, medals will be awarded to
- 1st 3 senior men and 1st 3 senior women
- 1st 3 masters/vets men o35 and 1st 3 masters wom 0/35
- 1st 3 senior men's teams 1st 3 senior women's teams (3 to count)
- 1st 3 men U/20 and 1st 3 women U/20
- 1st 3 club teams U/20 men and women U/20 (3 to count)
Leave a Comment