Inov-8 X Talon 212, Fell Running Shoes
Category: Fell Running Shoes
Recommended for: runners looking for lightweight fell running shoes. Can also be used for cross country running.
- At 7.5oz and a 6mm heel-to-toe-drop, the 212 is low slung and close to the ground but feel they are fast, firm and ready to tackle the trail.
- The grippy trail cleats allow you to run on rocks, roots, gravel and dirt.
- A lightweight, off-road racer that can tackle mud, rock, roots and now rope - the X Talon 212 takes the classic off-roader to a new level.
- Excellent for barefoot runners!
- Slightly narrow fitting
- Not a completely waterproof shoe on the uppers (around lace)
Upper: The upper is primarily a very tightly woven mesh. This allows the shoe to breathe pretty well, while allowing water to drain. On the flip side, the mesh is tight enough that it keeps out most dust and debris.
Midsole: There is no heel counter. There is no plastic and the heel is fully collapsible. However, a foam material and a suede-like overlay does provide some decent structure to the heel.
The Inov-8 X Talon 212 is very lightweight and extremely grippy. It securely holds the foot in place on a very low platform. It's a great shoe for everyone! Whether you're going fast like a sprinter or just an Ultra runner training for a race.
I tried this shoe on rock and snowy terrain, and as a barefoot runner it was absolutely amazing and reliable. It still has a fair amount of cushioning and yet it is very lightweight which is a huge bonus. Being able to rely on the shoe from the way it fits down to the way your foot lands on whatever terrain comes your way, is extremely important for fell and cross country runners.
Leave a Comment